Saturday, July 09, 2005

Pigs, pigs, pigs...

...as my pal Harry Carbohydrate used to mutter as a child at the neighbors.

Remember when the government wasn't exclusively run by pigs? Remember when it was only mostly governed by pigs? When was that? Was that a long time ago?

Look at this crew we're tormented by now: The seal of this administration, I believe, should be a scene from Androcles and the Lion, where Androcles represents the nebbishy losers (socially retarded, but propogandistically gifted), and the lion symbolizes the popular blockheads (not "readers," but charismatic to the general populace).

The "gratitude of noble souls" angle is solely shared by these two exclusive groups.

And now Androcles whispers in the lion's ear a seemingly endless list of poor bastards doomed to be pricked with the fortuitous thorn.

What has the thorn represented these last five years? Missiles, bills, cabinet appointments, bombs, lies -- jesus christ, don't forget the lies (you will -- you will forget the lies; there are no lies) -- budget cuts, napalm, misappropriations of funds, etc.

I'm weak on articulate rhetoric, and am easily distracted in my research, and so rely on the opinions and information of others I have deemed trustworthy. Meaning check out Alternet or The Huffington Post or The Majority Report (or dozens of other vigilant sites) for what I believe to be more trustworthy news reporting than the network news and other mainstream outlets.

I'm best at the scathing retort and the insulting description.

Like calling the present administration pigs. The whole f-ing lot of them. And why wouldn't I? What could I possibly be but an enemy to them? Nevermind action, just the very notion of disagreeing with the government today I believe is considered treasonous.

Oh, and an affront to the new Jesus they keep hinting at. You know, the new Jesus I find almost completely unrecognizable from the catechism and missalettes of my youth. Make no mistake -- I've certainly strayed from the politics and dogma of the Catholic Church I was raised in, but I've hardly forgotten the teachings of Jesus. I just no longer sully the essence of them by laminating his life with the literal translation of "Son of God." Or other literal translations.

In my opinion. Obviously.

I've strayed a bit, but to reiterate in a base fashion: They're pigs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Needless to say, I was happily shocked, (is that possible), to see you are doing SOME kind of writing. Talent like yours is rare enough and now rarer when you refuse to share it!

As for "Pigs, Pigs, Pigs....", I had never been "pricked by a fortuitous thorn" before. Kinda liked it......