Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Notes on Nothing 1.0

In an attempt to write more often, even when i have nothing to say ("the manifesto of bloggers" -- especially political ones), I have decided to yammer on for a paragraph or two (thanks to the feeb's prodding). Today is an unfortunate day to begin as I'm in a lousy mood, and a bit under the weather. I'm both notoriously patient and famously intolerant. I've been yelling at every at work today. I become such a stereotypical New Yorker when I'm at the office -- loud, insulting, vulgar. I think the co-workers enjoy it to a point -- if you go to the zoo, you want to see the tiger shred a basketball, not nap on his paws.

Luckily, I have my iTunes to soothe my savage breast. Jim Ford plays now. He was a huge influence on Nick Lowe. I've also been listening to Paul Williams lately. It's the production mostly, the soft-seventies. Gentle strings, tinkling piano, and fat bass.

Back to work. My paid chores. Soulless toiling. Etc., etc...

2 comments:

Brian Kunath said...

Nice. Format reminds me of the stuff you did for yaddasite.com.

More writing!

BTW, my word verification is "Zeuon," which makes me think of both Zevon and perhaps a henchman of Xenu.

the feeb said...

fuck your co-workers. fuck your job. you should spend more time writing and less time working.