Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"The Dresses Song" by Lisa Germano



Lisa Germano played fiddle on "The Lonesome Jubilee" by John Mellencamp. That's why I bought her second LP "Happiness" (during the brief phase when I bought a bunch of cassettes (including Juliana Hatfield and PJ Harvey). I know I put "The Dresses Song" on a mixed tape, and it was one of the memorable hits of the Calabash days.

Apparently, this second album was released by both Capitol and 4AD, and each version had different remixes. I don't know which version I had, but I'm not familiar with the one above. However, it's the superior video (indeed the video below is just a still shot). But that's the better recording. More ominous, which I felt lent the song its alluring strength.

Enjoy them both. Then go listen to "Paper in Fire."

No comments: