Friday, October 09, 2009

Halloween Everyday 9.0" "Moon Man" by The Original Moon Men



For today's song, I wanted to tie in with NASA's rocket-crash-into-the-moon project, so I just typed in "moon man" into You Tube, and ended up with this. What's interesting, besides its sounding like an early GBV song, is that the guys in this band (circa mid-60's) are from Plainview, NY, having met at a school there I'd never heard of: Fern Place Elementary School. Might've been closed before I started going to school. Maybe it turned into Park Place or Pasadena. It's 9 in the morning -- I haven't done any deep searching yet. Anyway, the only other mention of that school on the web refers to a collection of letters from authors to students housed at C.W. Post.

The song's about flying saucers and moon men, etc. Perfectly appropriate for the Halloween Everyday Project. Enjoy!

No comments: