Monday, April 10, 2006

Over Their Pointy Heads

I'm getting tired of getting frustrated and angry with the government for their alternating bouts of impotence then malice towards their citizens. The ideals of government service never seem to be exhibited out of a grade school classroom. The Federal Government is the valhalla of vicious opportunists. And that's it!

I said that's it! Those motherfuckers...

Ah, but that was the old me. The dope. The rube. We can't find justice in this world or peace in our time through the obstructions of world governments.

The People must reach out to the People. Nation to nation. Citizen to citizen. Worker to worker.

There's talk of a war with Iran. Jesus fucking Christ! Nobody needs that. It sure as shit won't solve any bullshit problems the governments have been dreaming up.

It'll just kill us all.

Iran, the country (not their government, it would appear) is on the verge of becoming a hip place. The youth of Iran, I hear, are interested in what's been dubbed "western culture" (that's not cowboys and indians, but rather, the world you and I live in). The embrace of western ideals in no way means the death of eastern principles. "Western culture" I consider (despite my bias) the culture of progress, of foresight, of perhaps even world peace, through the opportunities of open and highly-accessible communication.

I mean, if we all start blogging, for instance (although god forbid), that doesn't disallow the practice of Islam or Buddhism or Hinduism. Most of the "western world" practices Christianity, which is just as archaic as others religions, but it doesn't stop anyone from texting a frowny face to a bored co-worker.

I don't know. I just think we should ignore our governments when they try to oppress us with false fears and when they try to fool us or terrorize us into hating the rest of the world.

Because there is no "rest of the world" anymore. There's "the world." And we're all on it. And the governments' answer to disagreements and misunderstandings is to blow the shit out of "them."

And since their "them" is us, we're all "them." So we're all "us." (Try not to follow my "logic" too closely -- you know what I fucking mean!)

What I'm trying to say is that the whole world should just get together to talk about last night's episode of "The Office."

This world needs a common watercooler. And shit.

And no, I'm not drunk!

6 comments:

psaur said...

I disagree about there being no "rest of the world." The difference is that it used to be "us" and the rest of the world. Now I think of it more as "me" and the rest of the world. (Okay, actually me and Donna, who've become virtual isolationists--until the rain stops, anyway.)

Funny, I have been using the word "Subtractionist" in my mind for years now, as in one who gradually removes himself from the world (or "society" if you like). It was originally a sculpting term, the removal of clay to create something greater, a type of minimalism. I just Googled it and it's recently been floating around as a political term having something to do with the view that "all things are to be gained by taking them away from others." Very different from my view of personal Subtractionism, closer to Republican ideology. Of course, personal Subtractionism is unsustainable, but one can dream...

MO'SH said...

Well, aren't you something!

And that Rayburn Icon is giving me the fucking creeps!

Brian Kunath said...

Yeah, that is a creepy icon. So much evil in that smile.

I feel that Pink Floyd summed up the concept of "us and them" perfectly in their famous song, "money."

I failed subtractionism in grade school, which gradually ostracized me from the rest of the class. But I slowly regained my popularity after excelling at additionalism and multiplicationalism.

I'm really not that deep a person.

psaur said...

No, you're really something, Fishworker--I write this comment about removing myself from the rest of the world, and then you email me some farchadat MoveOn petition to sign about not nuking Iran. Let me reiterate my case more succinctly: Who Fucking Cares. They're asking for it anyway. As Rayburn himself would say, "Maniacal Mahmoud is so mental... in order to make his country stronger, he tried to enrich his uranium with _____."

MO'SH said...

Uh, your mom?

Brian Kunath said...

Proof again that Yiddish is the funniest language ever: farchadat