Monday, November 27, 2006

The Great Wet North

Ho ho! The first snowfall of the season here in Portland! I drove through a white whipping cloud of it in Milwaukie at lunch. Fantastic! Then 10 minutes later, the sun returned. A few hours passed returning snow to the area. Then 10 minutes later...not so much. But it did stay friggin' cold. And wet. Walked over to Hollywood Video with Urn to rent "The Family Stone." Yeah, I know, it's not "Little Dieter Learns to Fly", but I was pleasantly, and sentimentally, entertained. Not a bad flick, as those films go. It's a Christmas movie. Not quite the "Home for the Holidays" rip-off I expected. A bit heavier, actually. Unlike today's snow. Which is gone for now. Oh oh!
(Image courtesty kgw.com)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how quickly you become acclimated. In PA this would have been a non-event. Now, I'm like: how will I ever drive to work!