Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Lantern Fishworks 3.0

3.0 My Glow’s On the Sea

Waves of pages shush to the shore, lapping or crashing. Lustrous shells are churned up from the deep; cruddy rubbish is hocked onto the land. Doubtless they were all more beautiful in the brine.

01. Idea: A square toilet.
02. A year is a year’s work.
03. Say to Yakov Smirnov: “What a country” is right!
04. Aldo Nova fixes antique milk cans!
05. “I love Abraham Lincoln!”
06. When Southern folk try to dress dignified, they always blow it with the colors.
07. Coronas smell like backyard parties.
08. With the sound down, I can’t tell if Andy Rooney is angry or not.
09. A woman missing so many teeth she could eat a Twinkie grinning.
10. Degeniused: Well, you’re not that smart after all, are you?
11. Head Buckaroo of the Grammar Rodeo.
12. Capital Q looks funny to you/In script it’s a 2.
13. Hit in the chest with a dirt bomb.
14. Denim underwear.
15. He’s a two-shoulder-toucher.
16. If it were 15 years ago, Ian Ziering would be in Sword and Sorcery films.
17. I think there should be a TV Movie network.
18. I like that they say “the snow blanketed the earth.”
19. The Wonder Years tractor beam.
20. I hope time is biological, not mathematical, that the hands on the clock are my hands.

I hope you learned something from these two decades of drivel. “The critics call it powerful…astonishing.” Yeah, I love the sound of my own verse.

Gathered November 19, 2000

cp2005 The Lantern Fishworks

No comments: