Monday, February 28, 2005

The Lantern Fishworks 4.0

4.0 Back to Lakebed

This ocean is evaporating. The levels are lowering. The sky is lowery, the fish not so glowery. I put my faith in the clouds. But this period is ending with a period.

01. The invisible bats sucked all the honey out of our couch.
02. A weather vane for a funeral home that only points north and south.
03. Someday: Smelevision!
04. “Life is like Plinko.”
05. nectarature – (n.) a pure, perfect, intoxicating piece of writing.
06. “I think I’ll put my wallet away cuz I’M NOT BUYING IT.”
07. Book: I Drink For Mankind
08. A four-foot-tall Oreo takes a milk bath.
09. I used to think orange juice came from horses.
10. Pregnant teen beauty contest: The Miss Conception Pageant
11. An ice cube is a freezer’s idea.
12. “He’s two-faced. And they’re both ugly.”
13. The Death Channel broadcasts funerals.
14. Joshin’ the Fonz
15. Waxicles
16. Infertile gorillas are seedless apes.
17. Shame is our moral gravity.
18. Is there a Lake America?
19. Toss Across – even a dog could play it.
20. On a clone farm – scratching the ground like chickens are George Washington, Thomas Aquinas, Brendan Behan and George Burns.

I think I’ll bolt the door of the Davy Jones locker of my mind. That sounds real stupid. But any stupider than “waxicles?” Probably not. Anyway, I’m blowing out The Lantern Fish Works.

Gathered November 20, 2000

cp2005 The Lantern Fishworks

No comments: