Saturday, February 25, 2006

The Low Low Moon


36 and 1/2 years later, here I am, semi-nude, finishing off a bottle of Merlot and listening to a Vic Chesnutt album. Indeed, this is greatness in one of her many forms. The wine is of Washington vintage. The album is "Is the Actor Happy", the 2004 reissue on New West Records (originally released in 1995 on Texas Hotel).

I am anticipating the release of the first full-length by Heirs to the McQueen Fortune, the group formed by my brothers and me. We're now in post-production for the album "The Low Low Moon", produced by the pius brothers, and recorded at Little Ease Studios, Portland, OR, aka the Feeb's basment, save for one track recorded at The Castle on the Oregon Coast. The album's been two years in the making, and has gone through both title changes, and group changes (would it be a Pizazz, Feebs, or Heirs album?). We decided, rightly on the Heirs.

Heirs to the McQueen Fortune are Jim, Pete and myself. Sounding a lot like a Feebs meets the Throats album, with the underrated talent of Pete to lift the music a notch higher. The three of us have recorded together once before as The Sleeping Brothers, an album quickly conceived and executed (or vice versa) in '96 or '97 in Calabash, NC. It's an odd little album that serves as fitting prequel to the present masterwork we've crafted of late.

I'm looking at an April release date, once we remix the songs and get the album cover done. It will primarily be available through CDBaby.com and soonafter on iTunes and many other digital download sites.

For the few of you who have heard Jim's and my music, this is our best work ever. A bold statement, depending on your tastes.

Too old for MTV, and too unpolished (and balls-to-the-fucking-wall) for Adult Contemporary, we are doomed to obscurity for the next 25 years until we're discovered.

Your grandkids are gonna love us.


4 comments:

Brian Kunath said...

Whooo-hoo! I can't wait to hear this. First off, "Heirs to the McQueen Fortune" is a great name. I predict GBV-style success -- but it'll happen faster. Like those Arctic Monkeys guys. I haven't heard an actual note of their music but the Web is plastered with their success.

SO here's to your success. And to getting plastered. Put me on the list as the first official HMF (HTTMF?) CD sale.

Your biggest (if laziest) fan.
BK

Morsel said...

Awesome! Will you sign my downloaded music?

MO'SH said...

Yes, virtually.

Anonymous said...

First of all, I have to get past the picture of you semi-nude...Okay,Whew! Now - I CAN"T FUCKING WAIT FOR THIS CD TO BE OUT! You know how I constantly grieve the thought of you and the bros. being the undiscovered geniuses I know you are!

YourBiggest(Next to BK)fan