Friday, November 04, 2005

Some Gin-Soaked Boy That You Don't Know


It's not so much things are funnier when you drink; it's just easier to laugh.

There's a copy of the latest issue of the New Yorker on the counter in my bathroom.

On the left side of my computer desk is a ticket stub from Domino which I saw a few weeks ago. It was for the most part pretty desperate, but I think I liked it despite having downed a grande black coffee just before going in and finding my heart was racing throughout , a condition further exacerbated by the excessive noise and rapid-eye editing of the film. Mostly I went to see it because I heard Tom Waits had a role in it and Kiera Knightley is real easy on the eyes.

I just finished watching three episodes of "Extras," a show I just got into thanks to a brilliant review by Qner. The show as well is feckin brilliant. I couldn't possibly think of a better end credits song than "Tea for the Tillerman." I think it's perfect. While there might not be all that much to picking out a soundtrack (we've all made dozens of mix tapes between us), sometimes a choice is beyond reproach.

Right. Well, carry on, vicar.

3 comments:

Brian Kunath said...

Did you catch the last episode of Extras last night? Brilliant.

the feeb said...

are you guys taling about "extra" the entertainment daily? i love that show. especially now that they have sugar ray hosting. his brand of inoffensive pop-rock is the tops! and what a personality!
i can't believe you two like that guy. what else do you like? cock?

toodles!

p.s. (whispered) (sing-songy) EX-TRA!

Brian Kunath said...

Sugar Ray Leonard is hosting Extra, a show about cock? Sweet!