Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yes, I'm Doing Starbucks Humor Now

Last week I went to Barnes & Noble, bought a New Yorker, then went into the adjoining Starbucks for my first Eggnog Latte of the season. I'm usually in and out of a coffee shop, and I also never read the magazines I buy. So I decided to stay and read. And I enjoyed it.

So I went out tonight to do it again, but I went to Borders which is a bit closer. I think they've got a Seattle's Best in there. Only I can't find a New Yorker there. Every other piece of journalistic and tabloid crap's on the shelves, but no New Yorker. Not that there's anything high-falutin' about that publication: I just enjoyed reading it last week (actually, it took me all week to read, most of which was done in the bathroom).

I was a little disappointed. Without much hope, I drove to a supermarket to see if they had a copy. What was I thinking? Who knew it would be so hard to find a copy of The New Yorker? Usually I have trouble finding some out-of-print album, like Bobbie Gentry's Delta Sweete, whose "swampy, folk-tinged combination of blues and country" (Stephen Cook, All Music Guide) drew comparisons to Dusty in Memphis.

Anway, mildly sullen and slightly downtrodden, I moped into the Starbucks next door to at least get my coffee.

I drank it at home. And then made these:






















6 comments:

Sharon said...

That's what you get for going to a second rate book store that markets what they say is coffee.
I hope you've learned your lesson.

psaur said...

Mister Pink, the last thing you need is another fuckin' cup of coffee.

Anonymous said...

When did they start putting a cute quip on each Starbuck Coffee Drink?
I do think the writer has a little tiny chip on his or her shoulder though. But I think it's cool - Kinda like a gift with purchase!

Thanks for the inside info!

the feeb said...

i can't decide what is more distasteful to me, reading a "new yorker" or living in new york. or going to starbucks. FUCK YOU CORPORATE SHILL!

Brian Kunath said...

I agree with the feeb. The New Yorker is an interesting magazine filled with great writing about New York, the greatest place on earth.

Keep reading...and writing!!

the feeb said...

fuck new york kunath! you should move to portland, the "clevland of the west"!