Sunday, November 27, 2005

"What really matters is what you like, not what you're like."

That's from High Fidelity, one of my favorite movies. It might not be the greatest film ever, but it speaks to me clearly, from so many angles. The most important being the quote above. For most of the world, that's the criteria that must be met if I'm to give you even a moment of my time. If it find your tastes deplorable, I find you deplorable. That's because I am a terrible person. A while ago, I came to the conclusion that I'm worse than I think I am. The notion occured to me in a revelatory fashion.

Your record collection is what is important.

The books on your shelf is what is important.

Your Top Five Movies is what is important.

I'm watching High Fidelity right now. On Oxygen. Oprah's channel.

But that doesn't matter.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Caught that last night....one of my favs.

So do tell, what are your top 5 favorite movies?

the feeb said...

there's nothing wrong with judging people that way. in fact, my new rule is, if a person doesn't have at least one capt. beefheart album in their collection i don't want to know them. and it can't be "Unconditionally Guaranteed".

the night laura's daddy died...na na na na na na na na na.....